Traveling in Spain may involve paying a tourist tax. The tax applies to selected locations, usually those most crowded by tourists. As of 2016, you have to pay an additional fee to stay on the island of Menorca.
How much is the tourist tax in Menorca?
During the tourist season, which in Menorca lasts from May 1 to October 31, a tourist tax is charged for each day of stay:
– 1 euro for accommodation in hostels and campers
– 2 euros for a stay in a hotel or apartment with a standard of up to three stars
– 2 euros for cruise participants
– 3 euros for accommodation in a medium standard
– 4 euros for a stay in a luxury hotel
Look also: Tourist tax Spain
How much is the tourist tax in the low season?
During the months with low tourist traffic, namely November, December, January, February, March and April, the tourist tax is reduced by 75 percent. Regardless of the vacation date, no tourist tax is paid for children under 16. If a tourist spends more than nine days in a single accommodation, the tax rate drops by half.
Check: Tourist tax Mallorca